Interior design of restaurants to attract customers is very important in business. Moreover, restaurant furniture also helps to shape and affirm the brand in a competitive market. In order to have an impressive space, it is necessary to have creative ideas from architects. In this article, HomeXinh Company will share with you 6 principles of beautiful restaurant design for your reference and application.
Summary article [ Show ]
1. Principles of style and space
a. Choose appropriate design style
The restaurant is a food trade place, a convergence of culinary elite. But customers come to the restaurant not only to enjoy the food but also the place for entertainment, meetings, … An impressive interior space will make a strong impression on customers to help them come back. the next time.
Therefore, restaurant interior design needs to be clearly defined in style and style. The restaurant can be designed in the style of classical, neoclassical, modern, … in order to bring the feeling of exquisite and cozy space for diners. At the same time, it is also necessary to bring comfort from the space for each customer.
In addition, you can also learn more about Japanese , Korean, vintage style, restaurant design styles …
b. Standard size tables and chairs
With restaurant interior space , it is necessary to create comfort for customers to enjoy the dishes. For customers to be most comfortable, usually a space of 60cm wide and 40cm deep is required. At the same time to ensure the circulation between the next guests will need to add about 20cm.
When choosing a dining table for a restaurant, please note: with a rectangular dining table, the ideal width is 80cm. With length depending on the number of diners that can be adjusted to best suit. Usually with a 2-seater dining table, the length of the table is 80cm, 4 seats is 120cm – 140cm, 6 seats is 180cm, 8 seats is 240cm, 10 seats is 280cm (width of tables from 6 to 10 seats has can be from 80cm to 100cm).
As for the round table, choose a table size with a diameter of about 90-120cm for a 4-person table. With a table of 6 people or 8 people, the diameter of the table is 150cm and 180cm respectively.
2. Principles of restaurant interior design in color
Color is an element that attracts diners at first sight, you can decorate objects with eye-catching designs and colors. Create an impressive destination for those who love and want to enjoy cuisine in a beautiful space.
In the design and construction of restaurant furniture in particular and interior design in general, the principle of color matching 60:30:10 is considered very important. To create an impression with customers, it is necessary to harmonize at least 3 colors according to this golden ratio. In each color, it brings a different meaning to create diversity and harmony to attract customers. In the color ratio of 60:30:10:
- 60% of space for mainstream colors: This is also a factor to create a brand for the restaurant. Main colors are often used for wall painting.
- 30% is level 2 color: to complement the main color to give the impression and interesting for the space. This 30% level 2 color is often used for restaurant furniture .
- 10% is the color to create accents: These are the colors that attract the eyes of customers. Often designers will use 10% color to create this accent for some furniture. The secret of the architects of professional restaurant interior design is the color of these furniture is darker than the wall color from 4 to 5 tones (especially for furniture). Also choose the same tone color with floor, wall and ceiling. This design will help the space to be deep and make a strong impression.
Colors are also often used according to the products and services that the restaurant sells. Dining restaurants will use different colors with wedding restaurants or fast food restaurants. For example, fast-food restaurants, red, green and yellow are often used. These colors are believed to stimulate appetite. On the other hand, blue color is considered to be an unpleasant feeling. However, this color is still often used because it makes customers feel comfortable and satisfied.
3. Principles of restaurant interior design for lighting
If you have beautiful furniture, good food, but if the light is too bright, you will lose a perfect meal. In fact, the interior, the delicious food or the dedicated service will not make up for the unpleasant feeling that light creates. In some cases, the color of the food may be altered by light, such as turning the color of the meat into a gray or the color of a green vegetable. In order to overcome these conditions, the following lighting principles need to be followed when designing restaurant interiors.
- Lighting needs to be designed for people: The lighting design in the restaurant needs to be directed to users, not restaurant architecture. When designing a beautiful restaurant interior , it is necessary to harmonize natural light and artificial light (light from electric lamps). Colors in light are also important because they have a direct impact on people’s emotions and moods. Light colors need to be adjusted to match the space and color of the restaurant interior architecture.
- Principles of lighting according to meals: At breakfast, should provide plenty of light so customers can eat, read newspapers or drink coffee. At lunch, moderate light can help the restaurant increase sales quickly if you trade in fast food restaurants. At dinner, it is necessary to create an intimate, cozy atmosphere with low intensity light.
- Based on the intended use of each restaurant interior space to adjust the lighting to the best fit.
4. Layout of restaurant interior
Interior layout is also an important restaurant design principle . To have a truly impressive space, consider carefully. In addition to the style or material used, the experts also often consult the design of restaurant furniture with the layout at the rate of 60:30:10. Here:
- 60% of the area is for food, kitchen.
- 30% for ancillary works such as landscape areas, gardens, …
- 10% for offices and warehouses.
5. Principle of scent in restaurant interior
The dining area of the guests and the kitchen area need to pay attention to the scent. Many people believe that: The scent of food in the kitchen can create a pleasant feeling and attract customers.
However, it is difficult to get this. If you do not really notice, you can fill the space by the smoke or unpleasant smell. Instead of letting the scent come from the kitchen, you can choose an appropriate scent in the toilet or lounge. Scent is also an important element in restaurant interior design that you should not miss.
6. Create brand when designing restaurant furniture
Currently, the restaurant business is facing a lot of competition with rivals. Therefore, attracting customers to the restaurant requires that you create a brand by designing the architecture, the interior is very unique and impressive. When designing restaurant interiors , copying existing models is often not a good idea. Ideally, you should choose a unique, unique layout and color scheme to create a cultural identity for the restaurant.
Let’s take a look at some ways of branding when designing restaurant furniture below!
- Create brand personality: Brand personality is understood as a person with personality. A person can become famous for learning to act in a certain way. So, to make your restaurant brand, you need to build character. The personality of the restaurant brand should be defined and programmed by you. This should be done before you get the first drawings of the restaurant interior design .
- Brand promise: Just like people, when they want to express themselves and create trust with a certain audience. We need to make promises, our commitment to do something. With restaurant brands, too, we have to make differences from competitors. These differences may be in terms of interior space, service, good food or low cost, … Once there are promises, these promises need to be fully realized.
- Positioning a restaurant brand: There’s a saying: “You don’t just want to be considered the best person you want to be the only one who can do what you’re doing.” If we are better than our competitors (we have better dishes, more beautiful, luxurious restaurant interior design, etc.), there will be many advantages to attract customers. However, if you are “unique”, you can dominate the market.
- In addition, there are a number of ways to build brands of other restaurants. Such as uniforms for employees, making a difference in restrooms, menus (restaurants) menu, delicious food, …
If you intend to build a start-up company in the restaurant sector. Then the 6 principles of interior designabove restaurant will be indispensable for you. For more information about restaurant design consultancy, please contact HOMEXINH via hotline: 0971 825 669 .
In addition to the above 6 principles of restaurant design, you may be interested in other factors such as feng shui, budget for design and construction. Please refer to HomeXinh’s architectural design and interior quotation!
Do not forget to see many more interior designs of restaurants directly implemented by HOMEXINH and collected here !
1. Directly design so the plan is always fast and optimal.
2. Having its own factory, the price is competitive and quality is ensured.
3. Free shipping and interior installation in Hanoi urban area (remote customers we will support transportation).
4. Warranty all 12 month products, lifelong wood quality maintenance